Hiring A Contractor For Your Brooklyn New York Home
Spring has Sprung and its time to hire a contractor to work on your Brooklyn home. Here are a few quick tips to help you through the process:
– Use the Licensed Search at NYC Buildings to make sure that your contractor is licensed in New York
and visit this section to search for disciplinary actions against contractors
– New York City Department of Consumer Affairs requires licenses for people or businesses working on a residential building, or negotiating home improvement contracts, for more details visit NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
– Make Sure that you get a written contract which should include the contactors name, Company Name, Address , telephone numbers , License Number , expected completion date, downpayment and work/ payment schedule. It is never agood idea to pay in full or in cash until you are satified with the completed job.
– Maker sure that the contractor has proof of insurance for his workers and you should also review your homeowners insurance policy especially the section regarding having workers on your property.
– Get referrals and interview more than one person ; if possible inspect work done on other sites by the contractors
Hoping that you will find these tips and links regarding hiring a contactor for your Brooklyn homehelpful.