John E Nail born in 1883 began his real estate career in 1904 as a saleman for the Afro-American Realty in Harlem, New York City. Nail and his partner Henry Parker went on to open Nail and Parker Associates in 1907. By 1925 Nail and Associates with is church owned and managed a number of Harlem buildings.
Nail understood the importance of minority home ownership and pushed for the inclusion of the black Harlem community to secure property.
Nail became one of the first black members of the Real Estate Board of New York, Vice President of the Republican Business men’s club and served on a number of boards.. He also served on President Herbert Hoovers’ committee on Housing during the depression.
Nail contributed to many Harlem charities and help develope the Harlem branch of the YMCA.
John E Nail died on March 5th 1947
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
Fillmore Real Estate